Conference Content Committee
Are you a passionate, organized and reliable team player who loves attending NTA’s Annual Conference and wants to ensure their continued success? We may have just the role for you!
In our promise to continue our community outreach and involve our people in what we do, we are looking for two NTP or NTC graduates to join our Conference Content Committee for next year’s Annual Conference, Thrive.
Your role as part of this Committee would be to:
1. Attend a monthly zoom call where the Committee would discuss:
- The current status of the event: what items are on track, what items are behind schedule and what do we need to do as a group to get those completed.
- The next deliverables needing attention and how you can support.
2. Assist in building the speaker line up for keynotes, breakouts, panels and pre-conference workshops:
- Suggest ideas for speakers ensuring they fit in within our paradigm and theme of the event. We are looking for speakers who have innovative ways to deliver content and engage our audience as well as deliver a presentation that has key takeaways and action items
- Review received speaker submissions by bringing your thoughts to the committee on if they are someone we should consider and why. Indicate where you think they could fit in the lineup ensuring a smooth transition from and to each speaker session.
Items To Note
- This role will take approximately five hours of your time each month.
- Our first committee meeting will take place Friday, June 28 at 11:30a.m. PST. These hour-long committee meetings will be held every month. We will discuss at the first meeting, the best time for future meetings. If we believe we need to re-arrange the meeting or book additional meetings, these will be discussed with you in advance.
- Other members of the committee include Matt Smith, NTA Executive Director; Dana Nardi, Chief Community Engagement Officer; Karin Oceguera, Chief Financial Officer; Katie Merritt, Marketing Manager; Kate Hughes, Senior Manager Partnerships & Events; Rosemary Fotheringham, Alumni Community Manager; Kaitlyn Chock, Event Coordinator; Shawna West, Event Assistant, an NTA Board Member; an NTA Instructor; Melissa Yee, Director of Communications; and Mallory Acosta, Senior Student Experience Manager.
- In return for your work you will receive a free ticket to the conference and accommodation at the conference venue from Thursday, February 27 through Monday, March 2, 2020.
- Your attendance at our team meeting and program run through on Thursday, February 27, 2020 is required.
- How your role evolves from the planning stage to your participation during the event will be discussed with you in the lead up to the conference.
How To Apply
Send in a two-minute video introducing yourself and telling us why you would be perfect for the role of the Conference Content Committee and what the theme, Thrive, means to you. Let your creativity shine through your video.
To share your video with us, please paste the link to your video in the appropriate field within the application. You can use any video sharing platform like Vimeo or YouTube or file sharing platform like Dropbox, but whichever you use, please make sure to set the permissions so that we can see the video.
The deadline for all applications is Midnight on Sunday, June 23, 2019.
The two winners will be announced on the afternoon of Wednesday, June 26, 2019.